ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Moving multiple texts layers in the X dimension while preserving animation parameters

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Williams
Moving multiple texts layers in the X dimension while preserving animation parameters
on Dec 12, 2012 at 3:58:03 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a intermediate user of AE and I was hoping someone has run into a sticky problem I have. I am putting togeather a logo reveal for a spec commercial I am working on. I made a classic rookie mistake of not realizing my text layers are not centered in the comp and now I am finished with animating 16 layers. When I select all layers and adjust the position to where I want it, the animation is affected and comes out all nutty. Is there anyway to fix this without messing everything up? Thanks for all your help.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Moving multiple texts layers in the X dimension while preserving animation parameters
on Dec 12, 2012 at 4:03:54 pm

If you create a new position keyframe. Then select Position so all of the keyframes turn yellow. Change your position to where you like it. Delete the keyframe you just created and your items are now centered and the other keyframes are not messed up. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Moving multiple texts layers in the X dimension while preserving animation parameters
on Dec 12, 2012 at 4:12:39 pm

Along with what Stephen said, another method would be to create a Null object, parent all the layers you need to move to the null and then move the null. All you layers will be moved without adding any keyframes.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Joe Williams
on Dec 12, 2012 at 4:43:56 pm

Thanks to both you guys. They are both nice solutions. I tend to work fast and a little haphazardly so I'm both of these will be of use now and in the future. youre the bosses.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 12, 2012 at 5:32:13 pm

Always glad to help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]