ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

No audio while scrubbing.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenn NguyenNo audio while scrubbing.
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 8:03:26 am

So I'm trying to make a lyric video for a uni assignment and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why I'm not hearing anything while I scrub. And it's quite hard to match up the text with the audio if I cannot hear it.

I've looked and searched for hours trying to find an issue that was similar to mine. And while I have, the solutions just did not apply to me. The RAM preview is fine and it's a .wav file and the audio is not muted whenever I scrub. I've also tried other files and the audio is still not heard while scrubbing. I can't remember any other answers I happened upon.

I'm sorry if someone has posted something similar to this, I might have overlooked it. But I would be forever grateful if someone could help me out.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: No audio while scrubbing.
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 9:14:43 am

Hold Cmnd/Cntrl while scrubbing CTI to hear sound and view video together.

Hold " Cmnd/Cntl + +Shift " while scrubbing CTI to render only audio.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: No audio while scrubbing.
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 12:28:59 pm

Here's a tutorial about using kinetic typography with audio that you might find interesting:

Design Rhythmic Motion Typography in After Effects

After Effects Help /

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved