ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rotating around a common origin

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Piotr RaczkoRotating around a common origin
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 12:55:40 pm

Hi,

I want to rotate 2 elements, a shape and a text around one common origin and by default it does something else. I select both elements and it rotates around different origins, so after the rotation the elements don't line up anymore. Do I have to group elements or what do I have to do to rotate 2 elements around the same origin? I'm working in AE CS3.

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Rotating around a common origin
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 1:13:51 pm

Go to Layer > New > Null Object and move that object to where you want the layers to rotate around(this will be the anchor point for both your text and shape layer now). Now parent both layers to the null object. Finally rotate the null object and both layers should rotate in the way you want.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Piotr RaczkoRe: Rotating around a common origin
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 1:27:24 pm

Awesome, very tricky ;-) Thanks!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Rotating around a common origin
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 4:16:04 pm

Glad I could help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]