ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6 :S

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan RosarioKeyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6 :S
by on Nov 18, 2012 at 10:43:57 pm

So... my problem is.. that I have been looking for tutorials all over online on how to change the values of multiple keyframes at once. I have been reading through and most of them tell me that the first step is to select the layers that you want to both change the values with together by pressing shift and clicking. So I did that and highlighted two layers so I can change their values at the same time. Next thing I was told was to have my CTI over the keyframes that I placed so I did that. Lastly, I started to change the value for one of them since they were both selected/highlighted, but the thing was that it only started changing the value I selected and not both. I dont know what to do.. Please help. and this is in after effects cs6. Thank you to all that helps me!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6 :S
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 12:37:41 am

To finish you need to highlight all the keyframes you want to change. Here's a short example project showing you what the technique looks like: 4972_multiplekeyframes.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ryan RosarioRe: Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6 :S
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 12:43:38 am

Thank you for the response.. but I am highlighting the keyframes.. both are highlighted and it still only changes one value not both.. :S..

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6 :S
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 11:44:46 pm

Ryan, please post a video of you demonstrating what you're doing and how it's failing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6 :S
by on Nov 20, 2012 at 12:06:41 am

Ryan re-posted his Q here - http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1027811

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]