ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

null out and correct for a color cast in AE like eyedropper cc in FCP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
null out and correct for a color cast in AE like eyedropper cc in FCP
on Nov 16, 2012 at 9:34:04 pm

is there an effects in AE that like FCP allows one to use an eyedropper on what should be a neutral gray or white in an image and (instantly) null out and correct for a color cast? Is there something similar in Photoshop?

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: null out and correct for a color cast in AE like eyedropper cc in FCP
on Nov 18, 2012 at 12:18:09 pm

Paul

Can't figure out what exactly you are talking about but if you are asking for Pleasant vile effect then
Go to Effects> Color Correction > Leave Color.

Select the color you want to null out using an eyedropper and then increase the Amount of Decolor.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 18, 2012 at 1:27:56 pm

Paul, you can try the Color Corrections > Auto Color effect as it's designed to remove color cast from effects. There are a few effects in the Color Correction area that will give you precise control to fix your shot.

For heavy duty color correction there the Color Finesse located under Synthetic Aperturd, pr if you have CS6 you could do the color correction in Adobe Speed Grade.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on Nov 18, 2012 at 1:58:41 pm

Thanks John & Vishesh. The shot in question was someone holding an iPhone- I was lifting that screen and dropping it into an a AE generated iPhone but the screen was too blue. I fiddled a little to manually correct by eye but what I've really come to like is the 3-way Color Correct effect in Final Cut where you apply the eyedropper to something that (was or) *should* be white or grey and presto the color cast disappears.

John - I realized why my first efforts with Auto-Color failed… is that the correct was taking stock of the whole image (hand and phone etc) and will not remove the blue because it is one small element in a large image with valid color - the work-around was to crop the screen (probably pre-comp it) then apply Auto-Color.

Still would be interested to know if that FCP targeted eyedropper option-interface exists as an effect.

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:29:18 am

color finesse full interface, curves, set grey point eyedropper.

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:45:34 pm

Chris - that was the magic bullet, thanks!

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]