ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do they do this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Atchley
How do they do this?
on Nov 6, 2012 at 1:57:38 am

First off I would like to apologize and ask forgiveness from any and all moderators if I am posting this in the wrong spot or committing any other forum sins. I am new here and to the video world at large and am trying to find some help with a problem.

Check out this YouTube video...

At around the 5:27 mark their is a graphic that starts and I want to know how to do it in my educational videos. It is a metronome with a bouncing ball moving in time. What program is this?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: How do they do this?
on Nov 6, 2012 at 6:18:32 am

Chris

You can create this animation in After Affects.
Its very easy.

You can create the Ball and the metronome in Photoshop and then import them in AE as Editable layers.
After that just few key-framing of ball bounce with loop option will give you the desired result.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 6, 2012 at 1:11:40 pm

This is a project that can be done in AE, but knowing a bit about music, to do it in a way that's easily modifiable is a bit trickier.

Using some scripting I was able to recreate the effect from the video for 4/4 time. In the final comp, it has a beats per minute slider. Enter in the number of BPM and it will update the ball and slider. The thing with this is it won't play at real speed unless you were to RAM preview it and/or render out a finished animation for playback.

Unless you were doing a one off animation, this really isn't a project for beginners as working out the timing will cause some issues. So, since you said it's for educational purposes, I just went ahead and made a 4/4 time project in CS6 and CS5.5 versions: 4917_metronome.zip

If you find you need more 2/4 and 3/4, I could modify this when I get off work.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Chris Atchley
on Nov 6, 2012 at 5:13:32 pm

Wow Johnny,

This is certainly above and beyond. This was extremely nice of you and I appreciate it more than you know.

I am a week or so away from shooting my new lessons so I will plug in the script you wrote and see how to incorporate it into my lessons. If I really get stuck I may take you up on your offer for alternate versions.

Thanks again... YOU RAWK! :)

Chris

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 9, 2012 at 3:30:30 pm

Glad I could help, let me know if you need any more assistance.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]