ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What is the outro called in this video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Richard
What is the outro called in this video?
on Nov 4, 2012 at 5:01:03 pm

In the videos above there is the outro with the water spilling onto the wood. I can't seem to find it or what its called so if anyone knows then can they tell me the name of the template please? Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: What is the outro called in this video?
on Nov 5, 2012 at 12:51:07 pm

Not sure about the template(and I wouldn't pay for it anyway, that's really simple). You could create that with a wood background and an animated mask(if you don't have any water/ink matted footage)

Take wood background and place as lower layer. Duplicate wood background and add a color effect to make it look wet. Add your text layer that you want to appear. Now take the wet wood and text and precomp them(shift + cntl + c).

In your main comp add a solid above your precomped text wood layer. Turn the opacity(T) to 50%. Now using the pen tool draw a rough mask around text layer that should be about where the water spills out. I would add the effect Stylize > Roughen Edges. Now you could just scale the layer to create the water spilling out, but I would animate the mask some as it scales up and play with the evolution of the roughen edges effect also.

Once you create a solid that animates like spilled water, change the opacity back to 100% and change the track matte of your wood/text layer to Alpha.

You can find free ink bleeds by doing a google search. Or buy them at video copilot in the riot gear package.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]