ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3d Push transition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Kartz3d Push transition
by on Oct 27, 2012 at 1:35:08 pm

Hey, just started using AAE and im trying to make a simple 3d vertical push transition from 1 video clip to another (camera pointing front of the guy looking down and then camera shows what hes looking at, moving to the next clip). As far as i rememebr there was a template in Vegas, just dont remember the name and currently cant check it. Hope you can understand what i mean as i fail to find a good video example. Thx in advance!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: 3d Push transition
by on Oct 28, 2012 at 1:47:48 pm

I'm unsure why you would need AE for this, why wouldn't you just zoom in camera?

If you need AE to do this, it would just be a matter of setting some scale keyframes. Press "S" to open the scale parameter, press the stop watch, move forward in time and adjust the scale for the "push". Remember that when you scale over 100% you lower quality/resolution. Generally I don't like to scale more than 120-130.

Also, you can animate the anchor point too. By adjusting the anchor point, you adjust where the image scales from. So before you set you scale keyframes, press "P" to activate the pan behind tool and you can move your anchor point to place you would like the camera to scale from. Then you can move to where the scale needs to finish, press "a" and manually use the numbers to slide the shot to it's new position. This is also known as the Ken Burns effect.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved