ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

RGB + ALPHA = weigh (i need your advice)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince RockingRGB + ALPHA = weigh (i need your advice)
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 9:45:30 pm

First of all, sorry for my english (hope you ll understand) hihi !!!

I use 4 cameras to make a movie (lengh of 25 minutes).

I use a green screen, and now my video is "finished" in premiere(video editing, animations, etc..), but the keying in "premiere pro" is not done well with "UltraKey." (cause my camera is not a professional one i think, I use MTS files)

So, i had a idea, I would like to use the "keying" in Ae (and that s very very better), I export my video RGB + ALPHA and after i ll import it in "premiere." (it s really great)

BUT : My video file in MTS (rush) is 2 GB ... I use the keying in Ae, then I export it in Quicktime animation, or AVI with RGB + ALPHA and the problem is that the output file is more than 200 GB weigh for 25 minutes.. it s too heavy... (and i have 4 cameras more).

Does it exist a "codec" i could use in Ae that allows me to export "RGB + ALPHA" who the file will be lighter than 200 Go ???

thank you very much

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: RGB + ALPHA = weigh (i need your advice)
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 5:48:12 am

You could try exporting only the Alpha using Quicktime Animation at full quality (Lossless). Animation should be fairly good at compressing just the Alpha information.

I'm no expert in Premiere Pro but you should be able to then use this alpha only render as a matte there.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Vince RockingRe: RGB + ALPHA = weigh (i need your advice)
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 8:15:00 am

Hello Darby.

thank you for replay.

i already tried this solution but it ll takes too much time (with the matte) cause the videos has a lot of "editing". also, with this solution, i still have a light outline the actor.GGgrrrr !!!

but, if i could change the rush "format" to have RGB + Alpha and its weigh was lighter i ll we saved hihihi !

have a nice day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved