ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Tool Bounding Box is masking / clipping my light-ray text effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg SaxtonText Tool Bounding Box is masking / clipping my light-ray text effect
by on Oct 4, 2012 at 12:12:14 am

Hi There

I have an issue with the bounding box on the line of text that I am trying to animate. I'm sure its a simple fix but I am a noob and have now spent way too many hours on this.

I am trying to create a light-ray effect where I have a line of text which has light rays shining out from behind it when the camera moves across it.

The trouble is that when I do this, the light rays only extend to the edges of the text's bounding box before being clipped / masked, which makes for a pretty un spectacular effect. Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong??

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Text Tool Bounding Box is masking / clipping my light-ray text effect
by on Oct 4, 2012 at 1:38:05 am

Create your text, then go to the Layer Pulldown -> New -> Adjustment Layer and add your effect to the adjustment layer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Greg SaxtonRe: Text Tool Bounding Box is masking / clipping my light-ray text effect
by on Oct 4, 2012 at 4:54:42 am

Thanks for responding Johnny.

Unfortunately that does not solve the problem.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Text Tool Bounding Box is masking / clipping my light-ray text effect
by on Oct 4, 2012 at 11:20:20 am

What effect are you using, also what is the copy of text above your the adjustment layer for?

If you have too, you could skip the bounding box by precomposing (shift+cntl+c) your text. Then apply the effect to the text precomp.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]