ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I reveal a circle or just its outline with a circular wipe effect in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helena MastersHow do I reveal a circle or just its outline with a circular wipe effect in AE?
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:07:17 pm

I've seen this technique before and I just can't work out how its done.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How do I reveal a circle or just its outline with a circular wipe effect in AE?
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 6:49:45 pm

When you say you want to reveal a circle, do you mean an actual circle, like a shape layer a solid with a circular mask or a solid with a circle effect on it?

To do that you would create your circle and apply the effect Radial Wipe and to reveal it you would keyframe from 100% to 0.

Here's an example project: 4752_circularwipe.aep.zip

If I misunderstood you or you were looking to do something more complicated, let me know and we will try to figure out what you are trying to achieve.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Helena MastersRe: How do I reveal a circle or just its outline with a circular wipe effect in AE?
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 8:01:21 pm

Thanks for sending the file, unfortunately my AE is CS4 so it wont open it!
I think thats right what you are saying. You know when you see a circle and its like a clock hand going around it but as it goes round it either reveals or hides the circle? Thats the best way I can describe what I mean..

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How do I reveal a circle or just its outline with a circular wipe effect in AE?
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 9:04:32 pm

I can't save any farther back than CS5, sorry. If you create a circle and apply the effect Transition -> Radial Wipe, it will achieve what you are trying to do.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Helena MastersRe: How do I reveal a circle or just its outline with a circular wipe effect in AE?
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 9:12:23 pm

Ahh thank you so much! Works a charm :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]