ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particular - Smoothing out Particles?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max JacksonParticular - Smoothing out Particles?
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:47:18 am

Hi CC,

I've been going back and forth through tutorials, my manual, and I'm even about to download Harry Frank's Complete Training video just so I can learn more about the nature of the tool.

Right now I'm trying to get this chewy-looking, smoke look in to something more silky and smooth, but the more I mess with Particular I just seem to chase my tail.

I've attached a video sample (QT Player 9 Rocks!) of my lame smoggy smoke effect and the second half shows more-a-less what I'm trying to do. I followed the tutorial. The thing is I'm working with a layer emitter and when I try and transfer the tutorial's box emitter version the whole thing naturally goes astray.

So to get from A to B, if somebody was handed this, what setting would they adjust to go from chunky smoke to silky fire and what would be the theory behind it? It's the theory and settings I'm after so I can do it again later.

I tried using form but because this particle effect must emanate from a figure I feel I really need to use something with an emitter.

Any advice totally appreciated.

Thanks for reading! :)

particle sample

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved