ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

trying to draw eyebrows in AE - my brush is still an arrow - why why why

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi Boosetrying to draw eyebrows in AE - my brush is still an arrow - why why why
by on Sep 26, 2012 at 7:11:27 pm

I know this is simple - I brought in a Photoshop file of a character I created with many layers - different body parts on each layer. I realize I forgot to create eyebrows so I'm trying to draw them in some blank layers. when i click on the paintbrush to paint them in which seems soooo simple, the cursor is still an arrow. Why can't I access the paintbrush?

AE CS5 on Macbook Pro

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: trying to draw eyebrows in AE - my brush is still an arrow - why why why
by on Sep 27, 2012 at 12:16:38 am

To paint, you need to do that directly on the layer. So double click the layer you want to paint and this will open the layer window, now press hit paint brush, you should get the paint brush window to choose your brushes and other options now too.

Make sure you start painting at the beginning of the timeline, because the layers are applied starting where the current time indicator is parked. You can move and slide them around(just like layers) but why make extra work for yourself.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: trying to draw eyebrows in AE - my brush is still an arrow - why why why
by on Sep 27, 2012 at 4:30:15 am

Paint, Roto brush, Tracking and several other features are activated only when you open the footage or image in new viewer by double clicking on them.

Vishesh Arora
VFX and Motion Graphics Artist

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

TImi BooseRe: trying to draw eyebrows in AE - my brush is still an arrow - why why why
by on Oct 4, 2012 at 7:00:39 pm

Thanks!!

File not found - Bad serial number - the problem could be this, that or the other...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]