ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Export issues - DNxHD to H.264

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray HermanExport issues - DNxHD to H.264
by on Sep 21, 2012 at 6:31:04 pm

I'm rendering a few master versions out of AE as DNxHD 1080i/59.94 220 10-bit, to then create versions with different resolutions from the master in Quick Time Pro (mostly H.264's for the web) but am having a few different issues that I'm hoping someone could help me out with.

First, when exporting from AE, everything seems to go smoothly until playback - I notice that some parts of the videos have the audio skip a few beats and act all jerky, mostly towards the end of the videos. The audio tracks used in the videos are 44.100 kHz 16-bit AIFF files, as is my chosen export settings, so it can't be a sample rate issue.

I then delete the audio tracks from my timelines and replace them with the exact same audio files, and on re-export, things export correctly oddly enough.

Secondly, when creating different versions of my master (from DNxHD to H264) within Quick Time Pro, the first video export goes by smoothly, but then the next video not so. I get a weird ".file" icon on my desktop (Win 7) instead of a QT icon and cannot open the file. I delete it and start over with my master and the same thing happens over and over. It won't export correctly to a regular QT file icon that can be played.
If I reboot, then it'll work for one more video (but I have a total of 4 to export), so I need to constantly reboot and start over every time.

Does any of this make sense?

Maybe this isn't even an After Effects issue, but a Quick Time Pro issue? Or something in my workflow?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Export issues - DNxHD to H.264
by on Sep 21, 2012 at 8:28:27 pm

The standard audio sample rate for most video now is 48kHz. That might have something to do with your problems.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved