ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Newbie trying to achieve a particular effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent DavisNewbie trying to achieve a particular effect
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 5:53:11 pm

I'm wondering if After Effects can help me do a project for school.

I'm going to record a video of me holding a set of cue cards, and going through them one by one while I speak on camera in a sort of presentation. As I go through the cue cards, I'd like to embed some YouTube videos that I've downloaded onto the face of particular cards in the set. So as I speak in the video, I show a new card, and the video is "playing" on the new card that I've exposed in my presentation. I then pull a new card out and there's a different video "playing" on the face of that card.

Can anybody help me? Is it even possible? I'm sure it's possible. But, the question is, is After Effects the right tool? If not, can you point me in the right direction?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Newbie trying to achieve a particular effect
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 6:21:09 pm

It can be done, but I would say it will take intermediate level project. Take a look at this Tutorial or this oneand see if it gives you some ideas about what you may have to do and if you think you can pull it off.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Newbie trying to achieve a particular effect
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 6:42:45 pm

Watch this tutorial here:

I prefer you download this in HD so that it will be easy to read and understand the tools as you are a newbie.

Also, You can watch some tutorials to understand the UI of After Effects.

Vishesh Arora
VFX and Motion Graphics Artist

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved