ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

advice for working with audio real-time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Volkov
advice for working with audio real-time
on Sep 19, 2012 at 3:27:45 pm

Hi

I have a solid theoretical experience in AE and I tried working with audio. I found it hard to work with audio real time because you can't hear immediately which sound is being played when. I know I can RAM-preview (which can take a long time) and Control-scrub in timeline (which didn't work so well for me). I had to zoom in alot on my timeline in order to be able to hear the sound with Control-scrubbing.

Is that normal?
What other methods can you suggest when working with audio, and making sure that the timing of sounds corresponds with the footate?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: advice for working with audio real-time
on Sep 19, 2012 at 4:01:01 pm

If you press the "." button, AE will do a audio only preview. Also, if you select your audio layer and press "LL" quickly you will get an audio waveform, that can be a bit helpful.

If I have to work with audio in AE, I'll generally turn off all the layers except the one I'm trying to sync to the audio. For instance If I'm trying to get words to come in with narration I'll turn off everything but the words and preview just the area I need.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Alex Volkov
on Sep 19, 2012 at 4:06:23 pm

Thank you I will try that :)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 20, 2013 at 2:33:08 pm

Glad I could help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]