ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how to make this transitions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
javier hernandezhow to make this transitions
by on May 14, 2014 at 2:47:12 pm

Someone could tell me how can I make this effects or transitions like this?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: how to make this transitions
by on May 14, 2014 at 5:00:27 pm

you could also try track mattes.

i'd start by creating the track matte in a new comp. create a bunch of rectangles that fill the screen, go to about 1-2 seconds down the timeline and add position keyframes for all the rectangle layers. then move back to the beginning of the comp and slide them horizontally off the screen. then just tweak the first and last keyframes of thow layers to make them move on screen randomly.

bring that matte comp into a new comp and bring in the footage layer bellow the matte layer, then, for the footage layer, select 'alpha matte' from the trkmat menu in the 'modes' panel on the timeline.

if you scrub the timeline, you should see that footage layer reveal.

the footage layer is independent from the track matte, so you can animate the postion, change the scale add color effects, etc, without effecting the matte.

so now you can just duplicate both the footage layer and the matte layer, adjust the timing of the reveal by moving the matte in the time line and triming the footage layers to match the new in-points, then add position changes, scale and/or effects to the footage layer (from the looks of it, they used tint or tritone for the colorizing).

do that five or six times and i think you'll be close with various changes to the footage layers.

if needed, you can make different track mattes for some of the footage layers to change it up a little more.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: how to make this transitions
by on May 14, 2014 at 6:42:28 pm

-- Kevin might be right here

--- card wipes have a perspective look to them --maybe there is some other sort of wipe though that will do this.....

-- would be interesting to find out.....

-------------------------------chris------

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: how to make this transitions
by on May 14, 2014 at 3:26:57 pm

Hi --
----- dont really know but it might simply be a stack of layers with different card wipes on -

-- the image ''movement looks like it might be that some of the layers are stretched and animated back into normal ratio during the wipe for that layer?

----- expect you could get something like this anyway ....

-----------------------good luck ----chris ---

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]