ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blood Splatter on a car window

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Dean
Blood Splatter on a car window
on Apr 18, 2013 at 2:54:58 am

So same ole' story. A guy shoots another guy in the side of the head. The camera is on the outside of the car and we see a clear shot of the two actors in the car, a gunshot, and blood splatter on the window. How would I achieve this. I can use an air compressor, and be in the car for the show, but I'd like to try and do it digitally. Any tutorials? Should I tape green screen over the car window, why would that help? Would it help? Any help?

Return to posts index

Ollie Inglis
Re: Blood Splatter on a car window
on Apr 18, 2013 at 10:02:29 am

The best way i have found to do this is definitely an air compressor. It makes for a much more realistic, gritty and more fascinating effect. Too many people are trying to do blood in after effects these days ( although it can work sometimes). It will be worth it though. If you dont have an air compressor, you can you a garden fertilizer sprayer as well with some plastic piping. If you really want to do it in after effects, if it is tripod - i would not put any markings on the glass, but if it was moving i would put a small white cross on it. Hope it goes well

Return to posts index

Justin Dean
on Apr 18, 2013 at 1:49:44 pm

I have an air compressor, but it's a decent sized one, so to actually move it, to where the car is. The car is going to be parked on a street. I could use an air compressor and green screen the window so outside the window it looks like a city street. How would I use the air compressor, though? Put fake blood in a tube, and then just pull the trigger on the nozzle extension I have so it gets a surge of air? I'm not familiar with the garden hose sprayer? Tutorial?

Return to posts index

Ollie Inglis
on Apr 18, 2013 at 2:50:59 pm

I think it is definitely bring the air compressor to the car. You get some pvc tubing from a hardware store, glue gun the end of the tube shut, and drill a small hole in the end, attach the pipe to the air compressor with the blood, and let it rip. You want to put some kitchen roll and watermelon in the blood mixture to give it a more brain texture. here is a demonstration vid

Return to posts index

Justin Dean
on Apr 19, 2013 at 12:25:47 am

Thank you, perfect. This is going to sound so amatuer but then how do I get rid of the sound of the air compressor.

Return to posts index

Ollie Inglis
on Apr 19, 2013 at 7:48:17 am

Do you mean the sound before you fire the air compressor, or the sound when it fires? If its the sound when in fires, keep the sound because the sound actually proves quite useful when editing the blood splat sound effects together. As for the other just remove the sound in editing and completely re edit the sound , or just put loads of towels on the air compressor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]