ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Random blinking grid of squares in particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew BeallRandom blinking grid of squares in particular
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 4:21:57 pm

I am creating a control interface and I want to have some widgety type busy stuff happening all over. I have one area where I want a grid of 15x3 squares all blinking on and off randomly. I have a particular grid emitter set up, but can't seem to get them to randomly blink on and off..

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Random blinking grid of squares in particular
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 10:51:12 pm

I would create a precomp with a seamlessly looping blinking light. Bring that into your final comp and use that as custom sprite. Then for Particle -> Time Sampling choose Random Loop.

For a 15 x 3 comp I made my emmiter create 45 particles a second and made my custom particle loop over 1 second.

Here's what I came up with:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Random blinking grid of squares in particular
by on Aug 24, 2012 at 7:11:06 am

Mr. Beall

According to what you need, I think this tutorial will help to get that. This is not a "Particular" tutorial but you will be able to get what you want.

Vishesh Arora
VFX and Motion Graphics Artist

Return to posts index

Artur JurzykRe: Random blinking grid of squares in particular
by on Oct 30, 2013 at 3:22:28 pm

This link was very useful. Thx man!
Script used over there is awesome, and I'm using it in my project now.

BUT in this particular situation, I need to create huge resolution composition whit blinking squares.
So using this randomise position script, I'm generating... hundreds of layers, even with "smart" pre-comping, all is getting very heavy..

my first idea was that I can use particular for this, and i want to get back to this idea.

Do any one know way to setup particular to do grid with many blinking squares? or maybe some tutorial?
i goggle this but now results.. maybe it is to easy setup for a tutorial?

i'm able to do a grid, but I have problem with blinking squares in proper random way

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved