ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Interlace or Progressive for Canon 7d

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tim vanbrackleInterlace or Progressive for Canon 7d
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 8:05:14 am

Hello, I'm stuck and need your help. It's an interlace / progressive issue and I've looked everywhere for answer, it's got to be somewhere but I don't see it.

I've imported some 1080 quicktime mov files into after effects and noticed the interlacing. I've never changed the fields on video before and just realized that it's going to be a huge issue if I'm wrong (rotoscoping)

I will also be importing the ae project into premiere and mixing that with more footage from 7d.

what should the project setting for AE be?
Should I seperate the fields?
What should the project setting be for premiere? (i use the dslr setting )
when i import the ae project should I interpret it differently in premiere?

With all the mixmatched footage I'm just confused. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Interlace or Progressive for Canon 7d
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 11:40:58 am

--- mostly when rotoscoping I leave fields interlaced but if the action is fast or close to the camera you may need to de-interlace to get a clean edge ---

---- if rotoing by hand I would avoid deinterlacing unless you have to because its twice the work however am not familiar with this particular format or the auto select thats in AE nowadays .... if the auto gives a pretty clean edge it might not matter if you have twice as many 'frames' to deal with.

... so my guess is that it depends on the footage a bit but will be very interested in what the others think as well........

chris brett /// uk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Interlace or Progressive for Canon 7d
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 10:02:30 pm

As far as I know, 7D footage is progressive: no interlacing.

Drag the footage in question onto the Make Comp icon at the bottom of the project window, and it should be all set for you. You can double-check the field order in the comp settings. I don't think there will be any.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved