ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Anchor points

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil SchollickAnchor points
by on Aug 12, 2012 at 9:21:38 pm

Hi Hoping this hasn't been answered already, I really stuck on something that is probably really easy, can anyone tell me how to set the anchor point of a shape layer to the exact centre , such shapes as a star for example as i want to rotate it around its centre. Sorry if this answer to this question is obvious but a total begginer .

Return to posts index

Robert HeadrickRe: Anchor points
by on Aug 12, 2012 at 10:05:57 pm

Shape layers actually have two anchor points. The shape layer as a whole has an anchor point which by default centers to the comp, as you've noticed. But then within the shape layer, each "Group" has an anchor point that by default is at the visual center of that group. You can either animate using the specific transform properties of that group within the shape layer, or you can use the Pan Behind tool to manually move the anchor point for the entire shape layer to where you want it (the Pan Behind tool is the button to the right of the Camera tool at the top of the screen, and looks like a targeting window).

For reference:

Return to posts index

Neil SchollickRe: Anchor points
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 8:15:31 pm

Thanks Robert couldn't see that for looking , it was driving me mad !! Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved