ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Change blending mode options directly from the timeline panel?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kit Webster
Change blending mode options directly from the timeline panel?
on Aug 11, 2012 at 12:03:24 pm

Is there a way to show layer blending mode options directly in the timeline panel similar to the way it does it with masks?

Return to posts index

Robert Headrick
Re: Change blending mode options directly from the timeline panel?
on Aug 11, 2012 at 3:57:46 pm

There's a button at the bottom of the timeline panel that will expand or collapse your options. Click it, and it will hide your motion blur/3D/rasterize/etc buttons and instead display a column allowing you to edit the blending mode for each layer. Click the button again to switch the columns back.

Return to posts index

Kit Webster
on Aug 11, 2012 at 4:09:33 pm

Thanks Robert!

Do you also know how to stop the effects panel from appearing every time I load an effect?

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Aug 11, 2012 at 9:04:00 pm

Mr. Webster

There is an another trick to use use blending modes more efficiently.
Select your layer, then press "SHIFT plus -or+" keys. you can change blending modes without opening the whole list and choosing again and again.

And if you don't want to see your effects panel, just click on the small marker at the top right side of the panel and choose "Close Panel".
Now if you apply any effect, it wont come. To get it again you can Reset your workspace from Window tab.

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index

Kit Webster
on Aug 12, 2012 at 1:33:09 pm

[Vishesh Arora] "And if you don't want to see your effects panel, just click on the small marker at the top right side of the panel and choose "Close Panel".
Now if you apply any effect, it wont come. To get it again you can Reset your workspace from Window tab."

Thanks Vishesh,

I tried closing the panel but every time I open a new effect the panel reappears.

Return to posts index

Robert Headrick
on Aug 12, 2012 at 6:20:31 pm

I don't know of a way to keep it from appearing. I usually just click back to the "Project" tab as soon as I'm done editing an effect, so it's not bothered my workflow at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]