ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Camera Parented to Null Problem - Timeremap causes a blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew GreigCamera Parented to Null Problem - Timeremap causes a blur
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:22:41 pm

I have a simple scene involving 2 moving objects. I have created a Null that uses the same position properties as Object 1, then parented a camera to the Null. In effect my camera moves at the same speed as both Object 1 and the Null. This works fine (Object 1 is in focus as it is moving at the same speed as Camera) ... until I add a time remap or freeze frame to Object 1 - after which Object 1 becomes blurred (this is what I cannot understand). Object 1 is a precomp and has no animation inside it. I would like to keep it this way.

I have attached an AE file and the top layers can be toggled to see the difference between NO timeremap and TimeRemap/FreezeFrame on Object 1.

http://f1.creativecow.net/4495/camera-tracking

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Matt Greig
London England

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Camera Parented to Null Problem - Timeremap causes a blur
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 10:41:15 pm

I'm not sure why time remapping is causing the motion blur on that layer. Maybe it causes the motion blur to ignore the relation to the camera movement? I don't know. But as a workaround you can either make a copy of the duck pre-comp and turn the motion blur off for the duck layer inside of that pre-comp, OR make the pre-comp large enough so you don't have to scale it above 100% in the main comp and turn off the continuous rasterization switch and just use the motion blur on the individual duck pre-comps to control which gets blurred. Does that make sense?

Return to posts index

Matthew GreigRe: Camera Parented to Null Problem - Timeremap causes a blur
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 11:35:22 am

Thanks Erik - great work around suggestions - will try both and see if it cures the motion blur. Much appreciated! Matt

Matt Greig
London England

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]