ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

When turning on the 3d layer switch the render is very slow. Can someone tell me what to do in this situation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Clifford
When turning on the 3d layer switch the render is very slow. Can someone tell me what to do in this situation?
on Jul 22, 2012 at 6:54:47 pm

Hello guys I am using AE CS6 for an animation I'm making for a client. In one part of the video I have a comp with 2 3D layers switched on. Somehow the render on (only) this part takes ages to render. I never had this problem before. If I turn the layer switch off it's all fine but I need to have them as a 3d layer. I've used 3D layers for a long time and never had to wait that long for rendering. Even the ram preview it takes ages. Could someone please help me with this issue?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: When turning on the 3d layer switch the render is very slow. Can someone tell me what to do in this situation?
on Jul 22, 2012 at 8:45:36 pm

Make sure that your composition is set to "Classic 3D" and not the new Ray-traced Renderer, which only works well with a high end NVIDIA GPU and CUDA drivers installed.

You can access this in the Composition settings 'Advanced' tab or by clicking on the button in the upper right corner of the composition.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Anthony Clifford
Re: When turning on the 3d layer switch the render is very slow. Can someone tell me what to do in this situation?
on Jul 23, 2012 at 7:53:10 am

Hi Darby,

Thank you so much for your answer. It works perfect now! I forgot
that when I just got CS6 I playes with the Ray Traced 3D function and
totally forgot to turn it off again.

Cheers!

Anthony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]