ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe After Effects - render output - h.264 - passes, passes everywhere...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan FuryAdobe After Effects - render output - h.264 - passes, passes everywhere...
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 3:52:54 pm

Greetings,

I'm kind of newbie what about after effects, I googled for few hours, but never found answer to my question.

My question is very simple, how do I rise number of passes, either at CBR or VBR while rendering h.264 file from my AAE?

Thank You!

Kind regards

Bryan

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Adobe After Effects - render output - h.264 - passes, passes everywhere...
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 6:16:49 pm

You can't. Either create an uncompressed master, or just import the comp directly into Adobe Media Encoder and do a multipass render there.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Bryan FuryRe: Adobe After Effects - render output - h.264 - passes, passes everywhere...
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 9:08:53 pm

And one more question, when I export h.264, it names the file mp4 in the queue and everywhere, but when it exports it it's m4v and I cannot play it anywhere. Please advise :/

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Adobe After Effects - render output - h.264 - passes, passes everywhere...
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 9:42:28 pm

Strange, the only time I get m4v files is if I'm creating a DVD. Are you using an H.264 preset, which one, and if not do a screen shot of your settings and post here(3rd to last icon, remember to copy embed code and post it in your reply)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Bryan FuryRe: Adobe After Effects - render output - h.264 - passes, passes everywhere...
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 10:26:48 pm

Thank You for Your help so far,

I created my own profile, coming out ot h.264 [not blu-ray] and it looks like this:

If You can, please advise,

kind regards

Bryan

Return to posts index

by on Nov 8, 2014 at 1:32:04 am

Click the multiplexer tab and make sure it's set to mp4 and not none, none will create an m4v file. If that doesn't
export your preset and upload it here, if I can install it(I have cs6), I see if I can figure out the problem.
Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Nov 8, 2014 at 10:35:22 am

Greetings,

Thank You for Your further will to help me. I'm attaching my profile. My multiplexer is set to mp4 and it still exports m4a. I'll try to create my own profile from some of the existing presets and rewrite it, or save it as new as next step,

8176_bannerh.264.epr.zip

Thank You!

Kind regards

Bryan

Return to posts index

by on Nov 8, 2014 at 12:50:43 pm

I just ran two test's using your preset---once importing a master directly into AME, then rendering a AE composition in AME and both time got the desired mp4. Your settings work fine for me.

Try importing a different video in media encoder and see if that spits out a m4v file or mp4. If it's an mp4, then you might have an issue with your source file. What source file are you trying to encode?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Nov 8, 2014 at 1:52:03 pm

Greetings,

I'm converting codecless [no compression/raw data] .avi container file. Now I tried mp4 from youtube and it converts it into m4a :/,

I'm about to try factory preset now,

This is the result again :/

kind regards

Bryan

Return to posts index

by on Nov 8, 2014 at 2:02:07 pm

Update:

When I use system presets, everything works fine, except I cannot modify anything,

When I create my own preset, it's always m4v :/

Bryan

Return to posts index

by on Nov 8, 2014 at 3:11:10 pm

I'm really at a loss, basically, your files are being demuxed, but you have a multiplexer chosen. One thing I noticed is you don't have audio chosen. Try adding turning on audio, adding it to your file, even though you don't need it and see if that makes a difference. Cause what you are getting is just the demuxed video only file, or the m4a(audio file), but not the single stream file you need.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Nov 8, 2014 at 8:47:55 pm

It's okay John, I got Sorenson Squeeze Desktop, coz it's cheap, and it works like hell :) thank You once more! :)

Return to posts index

by on Nov 9, 2014 at 1:12:57 pm

Glad you worked out a solution, really strange your preset worked on my system though and not yours.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2014 at 8:51:00 pm

Thank You! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]