ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Any suggestions regarding significant zoom-out from small text to large image?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon BleyAny suggestions regarding significant zoom-out from small text to large image?
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 5:49:21 am

Hi,
I need to zoom out from text (which should, at first keyframe, appear on screen at approx. 40-60 pt font)to fairly large jpg image (which, being a scanned drawing rather than digitally-created graphic, doesn't allow for a ton of size manipulation), and am finding it very difficult to do so without either massive pixelation problems with either the text or image.. any advice? (I have both Illustrator and PS to work with) Thanks!

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Any suggestions regarding significant zoom-out from small text to large image?
by on Jul 15, 2012 at 2:02:26 pm

Hi Brandon

------- theres probably a few ways of doing this but what I would try for myself first is to make sure the image is scanned at a high enough resolution so that it does not pixelate - you can work this out by taking the comp size and multiplying it by the percentage difference between start and end frames -- ie if you are zooming out so that the end frame is half the width of the start frame then the a/w needs scanning at twice the comp resolution ( etc )

You shouldnt have any problem with the type I think as long as you have the little box checked that asks AE to re-calculate vectors at every frame to keep them sharp - not at the machine ATM but its in the list near to the motion blur button - just to the left I think.

BTW same applies if you convert your drawing to a vector -- you need to make sure this wee button is checked....

It should be too much of a problem to sort ...good luck

Chris Brett / from darkest North Warwickshire

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]