ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AfterEffects Render Time Extremely Slow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach FalenAfterEffects Render Time Extremely Slow
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 1:05:24 am

Earlier this week I created a rough intro sequence involving just a few effects. Specifically, there is one logo with a lens blur effects that becomes unblurry, and a second logo that has slight movement and fades up from zero opacity. There is also a lens flare generated by the video copilot Optical Flares plugin, which grows and has a bit of movement... to see it look at the first few seconds of this link: https://vimeo.com/45545508

It took about 17 minutes to render. Today, I added one extra second to it with the lens flare having some slight additional movement, now the projected render time is around two hours. I have reset all of my settings, and all other programs are closed.... Why would rendering take so much extra time? I am rendering at "Best Quality" and the standard "H.264" settings in the render queue.

I am running After Effects CS6 on a week old late '11 MacBook Pro
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
2.2GHz Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon HD 6750m 512MB

I have already trashed the Preferences and tried restarting the computer multiple times.

Return to posts index

Zach FalenRe: AfterEffects Render Time Extremely Slow
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 1:21:36 am

Update: It seems to be a project file issue. Rendering other files i have in progress (though less 'intensive') still goes very quickly...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]