ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

1200 fps movie motion tracking?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felicia Ullstad1200 fps movie motion tracking?
by on Jul 10, 2012 at 1:32:44 pm

I'm trying to do some motion tracking in adobe after effects for a physics experiment. The experiment is filmed in 1200 fps, and I need to track in each frame. Doing the part with the tracker is no problem, but AE converts my movie to 29.97 fps for running the movie, which gives me the wrong time scale and too few tracked frames.
How do I make sure that I get all the frames when I motion track the 1200 fps film?

I'm tracking a steel ball getting shot by a kind of coil gun, and it is moving quite fast.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: 1200 fps movie motion tracking?
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 4:15:58 am

I'd guess that the high speed footage is shot into a file that has the 1200fps footage running at 29,97. That is the case with my Casio FH100.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 1200 fps movie motion tracking?
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 1:20:06 pm

You may not have double-checked your footage's frame rate in the project window to ensure that it's actually 1200 fps. If it is, I would conform the footage to your DELIVERY frame rate, which would probably be 29.97, I'm guessing. If it's 25 fps, conform to 25 fps.

Once conformed, drop the footage onto the Make Comp icon at the bottom of the project window, trim the footage and change comp duration as necessary, then track away.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved