ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Scrolling TIFF file attached to NULL object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
micheal mcalexanderScrolling TIFF file attached to NULL object
by on Jul 8, 2012 at 8:22:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm an AE noob trying to be something that seems beyond my skill.

I'm trying to make a credit roll using a series of linked TIFF files attached to a rolling Null object. I've linked the TIFF to the null object, but it's not scrolling. On the timeline the TIFF is only one frame. Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks a bunch for any help!

Cheers,

Micheal

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Scrolling TIFF file attached to NULL object
by on Jul 8, 2012 at 10:22:25 pm

-- Hi there .... 2 things ...

1 ) firstly make sure the composition setting is the correct length ..... though I dint think this is the problem ....

2 ) ... next sort tyhe problem which is that the tiff file is only 1 frame long so it does not animate....

--- to change this the layer needs needs 'time re-mapping' to the correct length -

- am fairly new myself and not at the box atm so will have to be a bit vague as to where you find it --- try right click on layer and look for 'time' in the list then select select time / time remapping ??? ....

.... anyway something like that and you will be away I think ....

------good luck -- chris brett ----

Return to posts index

Christian ReidRe: Scrolling TIFF file attached to NULL object
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 2:10:56 pm

Michael, the 1 frame duration of your TIFF is definitely a problem.

What the other Chris said about time-remapping only works (or needs to be used) on FOOTAGES or PRE-COMPS, for STILL IMAGES, like TIFF, JPEG, PNG and etc, you just need to drag the end of the layer to the right, simple as that, stretch it along time. The mouse cursor changes to a dual-pointed arrow facing left and right.

Maybe it solves the problem.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Scrolling TIFF file attached to NULL object
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 4:08:26 pm

for an image sequence, you shouldn't need to use time remapping or freeze frame to extend the duration of a still layer, you should be able to simple drag out-point of the layer.

you may also want to go into the import preferences (preferences>import) and set the default duration for still footage to be longer than one frame. i usually have mine set to the length of comp option.

after that, the parenting to the null should work, any layer parented to that null should move as the null moves. so if that's not happening, let us know and we'll trouble shoot.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

micheal mcalexanderRe: Scrolling TIFF file attached to NULL object
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 5:46:51 pm

Hey all,

Well I got the Tiff attached to the null object and it's scrolling up the screen now, but I can't determine how to change the scroll speed.

Any help with that? :)

Cheers,

Micheal

Return to posts index

Christian ReidRe: Scrolling TIFF file attached to NULL object
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 10:47:46 pm

You need to change the keyframe value for the null object. The less pixels it moves, the slower it moves along time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]