ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Multiple Cameras in a Comp?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale KutzeraMultiple Cameras in a Comp?
by on Jul 2, 2012 at 11:46:59 pm

Any tips on working with multiple cameras in a comp? I have a main camera and set up a wide shot of the scene...then sent it to the render queue. Then I added other cameras for closer angles. Each required adjusting the position of some elements. I sent each of these shots to the queue. It will take some time to render, but I'm interested to see if each queue'd shot will remember the arrangement of elements when it was created. I'm not sure if that information is remembered when a shot is sent to the render queue.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Multiple Cameras in a Comp?
by on Jul 3, 2012 at 5:55:25 am

Only the top camera layer in a composition will be rendered. Submitting the same composition multiple times to the queue won't get around this, when you start the process only the top camera's view will be rendered.

You can render a composition, switch off a camera, then render again.

Also you can use this "top layer" scheme to your advantage by layering cameras on top of one another for cuts from one to the other.

Depending on how your composition is set up it may also be possible to nest your main composition inside several different render compositions, enable the "collapse transformations" switch on the pre-comp and create unique camera layers/views in each of the render comps. Then submit these separately to the render queue.

More info on collapse transformations:

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Dale KutzeraRe: Multiple Cameras in a Comp?
by on Jul 3, 2012 at 9:31:53 pm

Thanks. Yes, I noticed that just the top camera renders. I'd hoped to stack up a bunch of renders and then let them all crunch overnight. Looks like I'll have to do them one at a time. I'll have to sort through your last graph about collapsed transformation and pre-comps. My head is spinning.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Multiple Cameras in a Comp?
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 12:22:28 am

If you are trying to set up multiple renders that is based off one comp, you might want look at the script True Comp Duplicator at AE Scripts. It makes original duplicates of your comp and all precomps. Really handy.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved