ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

animated mask copy

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Junioranimated mask copy
by on Jun 30, 2012 at 4:49:52 am

Hello everyone! I am new and have searched the forum already. I created and animated mask and I need a duplicate one, only it needs to be a different color. I have already edit>copy then Edit>Duplicate so now I now I have two. I can't figure out how to change the filled color of the copied one. I have a blue filled ellipse I just need to change the color of the copied one.
Thanks all!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: animated mask copy
by on Jun 30, 2012 at 12:22:23 pm

Is your mask on a solid layer? Did you duplicate the mask or the solid, because you need to duplicate the solid(layer) and create two different solid colors. It would be a lot more difficult to duplicate a mask on a single layer and have the fills be 2 different colors---though it probably could be done.

So if you are talking about a duplicated solid layer just press "shift+cntl+y" to access the solid settings and you can change the color. There is a check box in the corner that says "Affect all layers that use this solid", make sure that isn't checked or you will change the color of your original solid also.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Leo JuniorRe: animated mask copy
by on Jul 2, 2012 at 6:00:40 pm

John than you very much!! Shift+ctrl+y is exactly what I needed! I was trying to make do with changing the blending layer in the meantime ha!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved