ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting so there is no field dominance in Apple Pro Ress 4444

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawna TalbotExporting so there is no field dominance in Apple Pro Ress 4444
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:43:40 pm

Hello, trying to export some lower thirds that were made by a third company in After Effects. I've never really used After Effects so I'm not 100% on what I should be doing.

I need the output to be in RGB + Alpha and I really need it to not have a field dominance. I can get both the Alpha and RGB working, but I'm having trouble getting it so it has no field dominance.

Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Exporting so there is no field dominance in Apple Pro Ress 4444
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 2:34:40 pm

by defualt ae renders progressive, so there would be no field order with the default render settings -- this is if you are rendering the comp from render queue (composition>add to render queue)

if you are exporting (file>export), then you may have more limited control over field rendering depending on the format you choose.

if you are still having problems, let us know a bit more about what you are doing. in particular what standard you are working in (sd pal, sd ntsc, hd 720, hd 1080, etc). if you are rendering this lower third to use in an nle or other system, what nle or system.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Shawna TalbotRe: Exporting so there is no field dominance in Apple Pro Ress 4444
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 4:34:08 pm

I looked into exporting but it seems the only options are SWF, XFL, and Pro project option. What I'm trying to do is take this lower third animation and export (or render it as I was going: Add to render --> render) it to be used in a Final Cut Pro 7 sequence.

My Render Settings are:

And my Output Module settings for the render look like this:

But when I put it in FCP the animation doesn't look sharp and I'm pretty sure it's because it has an upper field dominance when I need it to have none.

Is this enough information? I'm sorry, but I'm really not familiar with AE so I'm not exactly sure what is needed.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2012 at 5:07:08 pm

[Shawna Talbot] "I looked into exporting but it seems the only options are SWF, XFL, and Pro project option."

sorry, i wasn't suggesting that you should use export, just that if you were, it has more limiting. you should normally use the render queue, like you are currently doing...

since non of your render settings would produce s field render, then i think the issue is probably with fcp. since 1080 is typically an interlaced format, fcp may be assuming that your lowerthird graphic is interlaced, and be trying to de-interlace it, and that may be producing the issue that you are seeing in fcp.

if you bring the render into quicktime or back into after effects, do you see any issues?

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Shawna TalbotRe: Exporting so there is no field dominance in Apple Pro Ress 4444
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 5:14:45 pm

No, when I play the animation in quicktime it looks as it should. Is there a way for me to import the animation without FCP interlacing it?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2012 at 7:58:03 pm

there are many fcp users here that may be able to help you in this forum, but you might ask in the fcp forum.

let them know that you have a prores 4444, 1080, 25fps progressive render from ae that looks fine in quicktime but soft when imported into fcp. you might also include any details about your sequence settings in fcp.

i must admit that i am a little surprised that prores wouldn't have a flag built into the codec for whether the footage was progressive or interlaced so that other software (like fcp) would know how to handle it... so it may be something else.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2012 at 7:59:37 pm

I'll give that a try! Thanks for the help! It's good to know that I'm at least somewhat close!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]