ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Downgrading an AE CS6 project to AE CS 5.5 then to AE CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jean mathisDowngrading an AE CS6 project to AE CS 5.5 then to AE CS5
by on Jun 12, 2012 at 5:37:57 am

Hi everybody,
I just delivered an AE CS6 project wih a very tight deadline then the client came back to me asking for
a CS5 compatible project. I first opened the project in CS6 and could easily save it in CS5.5 format.
Then I noticed that from CS5.5 you can also save to CS5. That is what I did, my problem is that I do not have a CS5 version anymore. So I could not check if everything was fine in the CS5 project. I have 8 more hours to go before they try to open the project in CS5. So the purpose of my message is trying to anticipate any problem that they might face. Hence my question: Is this gonna work? Should I expect any problem? Has anybody already completed successfully this procedure?
Thanks a lot for reading me.
Regards
Jean

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Downgrading an AE CS6 project to AE CS 5.5 then to AE CS5
by on Jun 12, 2012 at 9:10:53 am

When ever-ever I load projects to the COW(and I do quite often) I save them as a CS5 project. If you didn't use any features that are CS6 specific there won't be a problem and if you did use CS6 specific effects he will just get a message stating that. The best part is if he upgrades, those effects will still be there and when upgrade he will have access to them.

My opinion is you shouldn't have any problems.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

jean mathisRe: Downgrading an AE CS6 project to AE CS 5.5 then to AE CS5
by on Jun 12, 2012 at 9:37:00 am

Johnny, I met a friend with CS5 on his laptop, just one hour ago and we did the test.
So the project opened without any problem, the only problem was a FE plugin reference missing (and yes they come with the AECS6 bundle).
Thanks for the answer anyway, you were right.
Jean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]