ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Applying random transition to multiple layers???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben MicekApplying random transition to multiple layers???
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 5:04:04 am

Hi everyone! This is my first post on creative cow :)

Anyways, so I am working on a LONG typography project (20 minutes). The project is very simple. I created my text boards in Illustrator and now taking them into AE. The text is organized the way I want it to look in Illustrator. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to have each word (layer) randomly come in from different areas off screen and end where there are in my Illustrator file. What I have started doing is key framing each word to come in from different areas but obviously this is quite tedious, especially given the size of this project. If the same concept could be applied for the text's exit, that would also be very nice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Applying random transition to multiple layers???
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 1:32:43 pm

I think the best approach for this would be an expression. I searched the forum over there and didn't find something that I could adapt for your needs, so post over there and one of the guys there should probably be able to come up with a solution for you.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved