ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can I tell AE not to render footage outside the frame?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack lykinsCan I tell AE not to render footage outside the frame?
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 8:33:51 pm

Hey all,

I'm working on a project that is styled after a slot-machine. The frame is split into 3rds. Each 3rd of the frame has a video playing. These 3rds can also scroll up and down to change the video in that section. Hope this is making sense..

I've created 3 comps made of 9 videos stacked vertically (427x6480). I've brought these into a master slot-machine-esque comp (1280x720).

The problem is that AE is rendering all 9 videos in each comp (27 HD videos being processed at all times) even when they are not in the frame. So, needless to say, my workflow has become very slow.

Is there any way to tell AE not to render material that isn't visible?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Can I tell AE not to render footage outside the frame?
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 11:59:39 am

As far as I know and from the description of your project, no AE will need to render and keep track of all of that video, even when it's not on-screen in your final project.

You could render the 3 precomps of the 9 videos into 1 video. That may speed things up a bit, though you lose the flexibility of being able to change things quickly.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]