ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

No Audio in After Effects Composition.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toby Dix
No Audio in After Effects Composition.
on Jun 5, 2012 at 8:41:50 am

When i import clips into after effects they have sound and when you play them they work find. But when i put the clips into an after effects composition they don't have any audio, not even a waveform. I have done most of the basic stuff and it's not a RAM preview issue i don't think.

I have tried using clips that have worked fine in the past and they lost their sound when they are imported into a comp. I have tried using wav formats for audio and they don't work either. I have this problem when using after effects cs6 and cs5 on my mac. I even tried installing the trial on a windows partition and this did not work either and i had the exact same problem.

Please help.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Angie Taylor
Re: No Audio in #AfterEffects Composition.
on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:07:53 am

Hi there,

Have you checked the Audio Hardware Preferences in AE? It may be that AE is automatically sending the audio to an installed device that you are not using? Try changing the Default Device menu to Built-in Output and testing it on the built in speakers on your system.

Hope this helps

cheers,

Angie

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices

http://www.angietaylor.co.uk
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angie-Taylor/118378194869002

Return to posts index

bart kleeven
on Dec 11, 2012 at 7:58:24 am

same here... no audio what so ever,
checked the preferences, and that's fine , i really do not know what is going on
reinstalled the program no result:
please can anyone suggest some more idea's also the very obvious ones so i can check them from my list

super thanks :)

Return to posts index

David Anzaldua
on Dec 12, 2012 at 2:24:14 am

Could you tell me how to do this please i need to finish a project by tonight and i need audio!!!

Return to posts index

bart kleeven
on Dec 13, 2012 at 7:23:42 am

to work around it is that you have to sync your timecode in your editing program and switch between the after effects and editing program (where you put your audio down) to sync..
far from the ideal situation.

Haven't found a solution yet either, it's driving me crazy..

please advise

Return to posts index

David Anzaldua
on Dec 13, 2012 at 10:38:42 pm

well im not sure if its my video type or what cuz the type is AVCHD or .mts. Ok so for some reason when I put the videos in after effects the little box below where you toggle the audio on and off isnt even there, and when i put an audio file like a .wav or something it allows sound...ill show you a picture in the attachment

Return to posts index

Aza Allen
on Jun 15, 2013 at 10:38:55 am

I am having audio issues as well in AECS6! I know the audio is there, it works when I ctrl-drag over the timeline, but when I hit "0" or "." on the Numpad, it won't play!? I'm on Win7 x64

My portfolio can be seen at http://www.ruesterprod.com
My personal website is http://www.azaallen.com

Return to posts index

David Anzaldua
on Jun 15, 2013 at 11:26:33 am

I FINALLY FIXED IT!!!!!!! You just have to convert the video into a different video file like mp4 and it will work find, after effects takes away the audio for my type of video but not after you change it to another video file

Return to posts index

Aized Jamal
No Audiowave form in After EffectsTimeline
on Nov 29, 2015 at 11:12:01 pm

I am using CS6, when I add wave file in after effects cs 6 then put it on timeline!!! I did expended audio file from timeline like down arrow short key L I can see two green bar like mute but no waveform I played the audio through dot/ period button, it plays with the audio but it doesnt show me waveform

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]