ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects : OCEAN

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bea wallingAfter Effects : OCEAN
by on Jun 4, 2012 at 8:20:05 pm

I am working on a video that has a background composed of clouds and an ocean ( both made with fractals). The ram previews all look fine throughtout the video.
But every time I render, 5 minutes into the 8 minute video, the ocean stops moving. The ocean is keyed to continue moving, using the write in code part.
If anyone could hint at what could possibly be going amiss, I would be so darn grateful. This is a terribly tedious problem as none of the three 30 hour renders haven't worked.
Thank you so much for any advice.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: After Effects : OCEAN
by on Jun 5, 2012 at 12:32:02 am

Without knowing what and how you've set up the effect, I can only guess that it's memory related. My suggestion is for you to pre-render the ocean layer on its own and use the resultant movie as a source layer.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: After Effects : OCEAN
by on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:25:54 pm

"The ocean is keyed to continue moving, using the write in code part."

I'm not sure what that means. Are you talking about a time expression?

One thing I would suggest is just making a short loop of your ocean animation, rendering it out as a movie and then importing it back in, set it to loop 1000 times or whatever and just use that instead of rendering the entire 8-minute animation. That will greatly speed up your render time.

Return to posts index

bea wallingRe: After Effects : OCEAN
by on Jun 6, 2012 at 8:36:17 pm

Hi again,

Yea, my question/plea for help was vague
...hahah yes I meant that I had used expressions. d'oh

I ended up making a 1 minute loop source with a short blur intro/outro. It worked : not ideal but so much more efficient than previous render times. However, as I was using fractal noise with an offset turbulence expression, I wasn't able to make a true loop. That was a little frustrating, thus the blur came into play.

Thanks for you help dudes !!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved