ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Move objects without animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefano BassiniMove objects without animation
by on Jun 1, 2012 at 10:15:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to Adobe After Effects, and when I say new I mean brand-new, I've just installed it a couple of hours ago. I want to make a video with music in the background in which I zoom into several parts of the picture but without animating the change of position. In other words, I show a part of the picture, stay still on that part for a few seconds, then show another part and do the same thing over again. To do this, I'm going to need to scale the images other than moving them, because I will need to zoom in at different levels to show the portion that I want to show. So I will need to change both position and scale at the same time. In any case, I do not want to show the animation. Is there anyway to turn it off or something?

I probably could find something simpler than After Effects to achieve what sounds like such a simple goal, but I do want to wet my feet into this software, and get the hang of it.

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Move objects without animation
by on Jun 2, 2012 at 1:22:25 am

Sounds like you want hold keyframes. Easy way would be to set your first keyframe and press "cntl+alt+h" that will turn the first keyframe into a hold keyframe and every keyframe you set after that will also be a hold keyframe.

You can also create all your keyframes, select them all at once and then do "cntl+alt+h" and that will turn them all into holds at one time. Also, you can right click on a keyframe and select "Toggle Hold Keyframe"

And if that wasn't enough ways, "cntl + alt + click" will change a regular keyframe into a hold keyframe and vice-versa if you do it twice.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Stefano BassiniRe: Move objects without animation
by on Jun 2, 2012 at 8:21:54 am

That did the trick, thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved