ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects timeline(?) question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve CaveAfter Effects timeline(?) question
by on May 15, 2012 at 10:00:21 pm

Newbie @ After Effects & have a AE project that I am ready to export into .SWF file to insert into a website. The issue is that I want the animation of this file to go from the In point @ 0:00 to the Out point @ about 06:23, but then return back to 0:00. In essence, once I've exported out to the .SWF (while using loop option), the animation will display a 'back and forth' kind of result, while the loop option will keep the entire .SWF file running continuously. Not sure if this is just a keyframing issue on timeline or In/Out point or what. Would try searching in the forums, but I am not precisely certain what I would call I'm trying to do. Any input would be appreciated...

Return to posts index

AESheriff DollRe: After Effects timeline(?) question
by on May 21, 2012 at 3:31:12 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "I've exported out to the .SWF (while using loop option)". I guess it the transport control in AE. That won't effect your final render.

Actually once you render your animation, it should play from beginning to the end. So you can loop it like what you want.

Hope this link will help you.

Return to posts index

Steve CaveRe: After Effects timeline(?) question
by on May 22, 2012 at 4:29:15 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that when I exported out the .aep to .swf, I selected the Loop Option. However, what I was trying to accomplish (and did so) was to have the animation run the 07:00 seconds of the timeline from the In point to the Out point, then reverse and run the timeline backwards back to the beginning In point at 0:00. After exporting to the .swf file, it would simply loop and continue over and over. What I ended up doing is adding another composition of the footage, then reversing the comp and in effect having a 0:00 - 14:00 seconds total animation. Once that appeared smoothly, upon exporting to the .swf file, it ran as expected, while looping and running over and over. Sure there is a much easier way to accomplish this, but that is what I came up with as a resolution.
Thanks for commenting...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved