ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio time remap

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alfred HammerAudio time remap
by on May 15, 2012 at 11:42:51 am

I used time remap to freeze a frame for a couple of seconds and when I RAM preview it, audio seemss to be completely out of sync. I could get the audio into audition and add silence where the video gets paused but I think that gets kind of cumbersome and time consuming. Are there ways I can fix this inside of after effects? Or find any other potential workarounds? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Audio time remap
by on May 15, 2012 at 12:58:36 pm

Can you give me a little more information. Are the audio and video in the same layer you time remapped: How exactly did you set up your keyframes to create the freezeframe?

If you could post a screenshot of the timeline that would be helpful in understanding how you went about the process.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Alfred HammerRe: Audio time remap
by on May 15, 2012 at 5:33:05 pm

Yup, they're in the same layer. I choose a time on the layer, placed a keyframe, copied it, selected the current and end keyframe, moved them, and then pasted them.

Basically, the way its done in this tutorial.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/Freeze_Frame/vide...

Return to posts index

by on May 16, 2012 at 11:59:49 am

If it's not too much trouble reduce the project to just the problem composition, use the collect files command to put everything in one folder(.aep file and M4H00503.mp4). Zip the file and upload to the Cow(last icon in the reply dialogue) and I'll take a look and see if I can figure what went wrong.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on May 16, 2012 at 7:52:38 pm

I just noticed something weird, as soon as I get the clip into after effects, the audio gets out of sync, and some parts of it get cut out. I'd never turned the audio switch on until I was about to render and I noticed that the audio wasnt in sync and assumed it was due to time remapping. But now, I created a new project, imported the footage and RAM previewed with audio turned on and realised after a bunch of seconds, bits of the audio gets cut out and thereby messes the sync. When I play the clip on any media player, they're perfectly in sync. Is this because of the lousy container the clip is in? Thanks a bunch for your time!

Return to posts index

by on May 16, 2012 at 11:26:54 pm

I was wondering about that when I saw you were using an MP4, AE's can have problems with codecs that use a GOP structure. I've noticed more often with the audio than the video.

Try taking your audio into audition and creating a .wav file. Bring the MP4 and the wave into AE, put them together in a precomp(sync them) and then replace the layer that's giving you problems with the precomp.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on May 17, 2012 at 2:18:24 pm

How about I convert the entire video to a .avi file? Im using staxrip to get that done, could you tell me which video format would be the best? Size isnt an issue. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

by on May 17, 2012 at 7:53:24 pm

You might get a lot of different answers to that question. I generally don't use .avi's for no other reason than uncompressed .avi's are huge.

I work with an avid system and QT's work well with Avid, so I generally stick to QT's. Either in the DNxHD codec or Animation if I absolutely need something uncompressed.

If all goes well though, I suspect the conversion will take care of your sync problem.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2012 at 12:21:45 pm

Worked perfectly!
Thanks for all your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]