ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

preview problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lefteris Sifidispreview problem
by on May 13, 2012 at 9:08:04 am

I'm previewing a '1280x720' composition in my tv (full hd) via an old sony camcorder (with only 720x576) and firewire 1394 (from pc to cam) and a composite cable (from cam to tv).

is the camcorder's resolution relevant to the tv's preview? am I previewing the hd composition?

Return to posts index

Lefteris SifidisRe: preview problem
by on May 13, 2012 at 10:53:27 am

the preview in maya is fine.

the problem appears when i'm previewing it in my tv screen when in after effects (fw1394 to camcorder and composite from cam to tv.

the object is flickering and losing resolution. whay is that?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: preview problem
by on May 14, 2012 at 4:05:16 pm

your going from hd to sd, so you are going to lose resolution. you are also going from progressive to interlaced, so that will also degrade the image quality (the flicker is likely due to the interlacing, but its always hard to say for sure without being able to see it).

in addition, composite is a pretty low quality analog connection, so that too is probably causing some image quality issues from what you see on the pc vs the tv.

in short, i wouldn't trust what you are seeing on tv. are you testing this on the tv because that's the final destination? if so, what is the final delivery format (file, dvd, tape...)?

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved