ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Null layers visible

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob KahnNull layers visible
by on May 11, 2012 at 10:11:17 pm

I got this great idea when I noticed that nulls were populating my Solids folder. I always reuse solids so why not nulls? But when I pull the null from my solid folder in the project panel it is visible, and in fact it is a solid. I could turn off the visibility, or copy and paste nulls from other precomps, but that's kind of cumbersome. And I could just go on adding my 20th null object. It would be so nice to just pull existing nulls from the project panel. Is there a way?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Null layers visible
by on May 12, 2012 at 3:36:01 pm

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan FredleyRe: Null layers visible
by on May 13, 2012 at 9:06:23 am

NullAdder Script:

NullAdder Script Download

I use this script to add a null object to the current composition and organize each new null into a "Nulls" folder inside the "Solids" folder--to keep things tidy.

I set it up as a keyboard shortcut ("Ctrl-N" on my mac) using the instructions found here:

NullCopier Script:

NullCopier Script Download

This script is probably more what you're looking for. It creates one null to use throughout the entire project. Each time you invoke the script, the null is "copied" to your active composition while keeping only one null in the project window. You can set it up as a keyboard shortcut as well.

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Null layers visible
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 10:09:32 pm

It only happened to me for the first time. The weird thing is I reuse nulls all the time and never experienced this before. Even in my current project if I drag other nulls into my scene they are not showing, only this particular one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved