ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Location of FXFactory Plugins

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony BaroneLocation of FXFactory Plugins
by on May 11, 2012 at 7:29:02 pm

For the life of me I cannot find the actual Plugin File for FX Factory within the AFterEffects CS 5.5 Plugins folder.

I heard that they work with my trial of After Effects CS6, but there simply isn't anything named FXFactory, or anything remotely close within the Plugins folder

Return to posts index

Niclas BahnRe: Location of FXFactory Plugins
by on May 14, 2012 at 2:10:43 pm

Hi Tony,

FxFactory manages it's files from the application.

Be sure to download and install the latest version:

Please note that you can easily activate/deactivate the individual products so that only the effects you want show up inside your host applications.  See the following tutorial:

Return to posts index

Tony BaroneRe: Location of FXFactory Plugins
by on May 16, 2012 at 3:57:54 pm

Thats not exactly what I was asking, however, I discovered the answer on my own.

I wanted to know how to move the FXFactory Plugins to my new installation of AfterEffects CS6 without having to re-install FXFactory. Since the plugins are not in the AfterEffects Plugins Folder, I figured they had to be elsewhere.

You need to goto the library at root level, not user level.

To get there, select your Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Common>Plugins>CS5.5 (or CS5) >Mediacore>

Move or Copy the FXfactory.plugin and ImporterFxFactory.bundle from the CS5.5 Mediacore folder to the CS6 media core folder.

That should be it.

Return to posts index

jean mathisRe: Location of FXFactory Plugins
by on May 30, 2012 at 6:47:45 am

Yeah right that is it, but it did not work for mr this time which version do I nedd to make it work with AE CS6, plese let me know how you solved the case> Thanks jean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved