ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animated grid of dots for background

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Johnson
Animated grid of dots for background
on May 9, 2012 at 8:07:27 pm

Hey folks,

I thought it might be wise to tap the community for some elegant ways to approach this. I am creating a background grid of dots for a video presentation. The dots are small, regularly spaced, their position does not change. I need to animate their opacity, or the opacity of a fill color so that they simulate a random "falling" effect, a kind of raining down look.

The fill color of the dots will be the same color as a logo, which I will simulate being "filled up" as the dots do their raining thing.

At other times it might be nice to leave the fill transparent and have just a light stroke that could change opacity over time, just to give some motion to the background.

Any thoughts on approach? Thanks!

Kurt

Return to posts index

Ryan Hill
Re: Animated grid of dots for background
on May 9, 2012 at 9:48:30 pm

They're not moving, but they change opacity to look like they're falling? I think I get that.

Maybe you could make a mask of all the circles, and use it as a matte for an animation of the falling drops, which has a mosaic effect applied to it.

Then the "filling up" of the logo would be another mask in the logo shape that's slowly animated to fill up. Maybe a turbulent displace to make the surface look liquid.

I don't know what you mean with the transparent fill and stroke one.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 10, 2012 at 3:41:04 am

Take a look at this tutorial - http://library.creativecow.net/articles/kahlenberg_roland/shattering_world....

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Kurt Johnson
on May 10, 2012 at 3:14:11 pm

Thanks very much for the input guys, I'll see what I can stir up.

Cheers,
Kurt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]