ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE digital signage / Vertical Plasma

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin CandelaAE digital signage / Vertical Plasma
by on May 3, 2012 at 12:29:59 am

Greetings friends.

I have a 1920x1080 HD plasma that will feature digital signage. Motion Graphics. No video. The plasma will be turned vertically and mounted to a wall. I will probably lay it out in photoshop vertically, and bring in the art as layers into AE. Working vertically in AE, what is the best way to rotate it after the design is complete. What would be the best approach to this?

Thanks. Kind regards. K

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: AE digital signage / Vertical Plasma
by on May 3, 2012 at 1:18:46 am

Work in your comp 1080 x 1920(Comp_Vert) and when you are finished create a new 1920x1080 Comp_Horz and drag Comp_Vert into it. Now just rotate 90 degrees. Now you can send it to your encoder, DVD/Blu-Ray, hook it up to the tv and it's good to go.

Just make sure to know how the tv's going to be mounted, 90 degrees Clockwise or CounterClockwise and you should be fine.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kevin CandelaRe: AE digital signage / Vertical Plasma
by on May 4, 2012 at 12:34:06 am

Thanks John!

Return to posts index

Bill ChennaultRe: AE digital signage / Vertical Plasma
by on Jul 5, 2012 at 9:43:12 pm

Easy work bro. If you truly are setting it up in photoshop to the vertical aspect ratio then set it up in after effects exactly the same way. THEN create a new composition with the vertical aspect dimension size. THEN drop the comp you created horizontally into the new vertical aspect ratio comp. THEN rotate it 90 degrees.... I do this all the time.. easy work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved