ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

unable to copy and paste keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aurelia Feniaunable to copy and paste keyframes
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 3:25:31 pm

i know that if i want to copy an effects from a layer to another layer it could be done simply by copy and paste the keyframes. i haven't use my ae for months and now i tried to copy and paste like i did it before but the effects won't played.

i used typewriter effects. the keyframes were copied and when i hit play, nothing happened. i tried to use another effects and copy the KFs, still nothing happened. what's wrong with my ae?

please help me, thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: unable to copy and paste keyframes
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 6:57:03 pm

The way I understand it is: The reason it won't work is because it requires an Animator which is not part of the text by default. When you add a preset it adds the Animator. So, instead of copying the keyframes for animated Text presets you just need to copy the Animator. To do this click on the text's disclosure triangle to revel the Text option. Then click on the Text options disclosure triangle to see the options available. One will be Animator. Select it and copy it. Then select the layer you want to add the typewriter effect to and past it. Be forewarned that it will add the keyframes to wherever the playhead is when you past the animator. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved