ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Not sure if this is compositing.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael PattersonNot sure if this is compositing.
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 2:35:00 pm

I am trying to put a head or face on a different body. I want to pan up a girls body but when I get to the head, I want it to be a different person. Sort of like a body double. Could this be done in AE. Thank Michael Patterson

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Not sure if this is compositing.
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 4:36:02 pm

Have you already shot the footage? If not, I would suggest you shoot the replacement head shot as a static shot on green screen, key it out and then pre-comp it and apply a soft edge mask to the neck area to blend it into the original actor's neck. Then you could use Mocha to track it onto the body. If you shoot the crane shot that moves up the actor's body to their face from farther back and zoomed in rather than close up and wide angle it will reduce the amount of perceived perspective and make it look a little flatter. That should help the static replacement head shot to match the original shot better. Unless you have a motion control camera rig or something so you could repeat the exact same camera move on both actors.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Not sure if this is compositing.
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 7:28:12 pm

Well you better composite it, if you do it for real you are apt to go to jail

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved