ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

rendering problems on AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Layrendering problems on AE
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 5:08:51 pm

Im using a trial version of AE CS5.5 and whenever I render my composition it comes out choppy and with long pauses. I've tried rendering in different formats(AVI, quicktime) but they all seem to do the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you community.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: rendering problems on AE
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 6:23:07 pm

Most likely your renders are choppy, it's the playback of your computer. You can check this in quicktime by using the arrow keys to see if every frame has been rendered. Generally speaking most computers can't playback most quicktimes codecs or uncompressed .avi's files. Just too high of a bit rate for the cpu's. If you need to see it compress to a file like Windows Media(pc) or Quicktime H.264.

Also check out this link as it goes into a little more detail:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Andrew LayRe: rendering problems on AE
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 6:40:46 pm

I tried rendering it as .wmv but it still is choppy and and at lower vid quality. the origional footage is full 1080p and it plays fine on my desktop. could it have anything to do with how i imported the footage in AE. It was a sequence i imported from PP, and when i imported into PP it was a AVCHD. should i have rendered it in PP before putting iy in AE? And FYI dynamic link doesnt work on trial version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved