ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects and Sony Vegas question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike MoralesAfter Effects and Sony Vegas question
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 7:04:06 am

Hi guys, this is my first post on here. I've tried searching the web for several days but I can not find anyone else asking my question. If someone has already answered this then please forgive me! Anyways my question is, why is it when I import a file from my Sony HDR cx 160 handicam (in m2ts video format) into after effects first and render it out then import that render into Sony Vegas and do a final render into any file format (I've tried several different file formats with the same result) it looks much better than if I just import my m2ts file straight into Vegas and render the final video out?

It's almost as if the after effects first + vegas video is in "hd" compared to the Vegas only one. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense but I hope some of you may understand what I mean. If you need to see the actual video differences I can upload them to YouTube or something.

Also on the same note, I have the "ghosting" problem when I render from Sony Vegas, but if I render from after effects then to Vegas it solves that problem as well.

Because of this I have done all my work in ae then imported all those clips into Vegas for editing and audio before I do my final render. (This seems different from workflows most people I read online do.) Well thank you for taking the time to read this! Hope someone out there can help :)

Return to posts index

Mike MoralesRe: After Effects and Sony Vegas question
by on Apr 14, 2012 at 10:35:19 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved