ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render trouble

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick KnockRender trouble
by on Apr 8, 2012 at 10:01:32 am

I just finished my first project which was a one minute photo collage template I downloaded from It took about 15 minutes to do the preview render, and when I tried to do the final render, a message came up that said "In the memory and cache dialoge box, decrease max ram cache size value and enable disk cache. Also increase max memory usage" or something to that effect. The ram cache size was at 60% so I lowered it to 50%, and I increased the memory usage from 2000 to 3000. It still didn't do the trick. What should I set the values to? I'm running CS3 and my computer has 2 Gigs of ram and its Vista.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Render trouble
by on Apr 9, 2012 at 11:49:53 am

You don't have enough RAM, 2 gigs isn't enough to share between AE and your operating system. Few different things you could try. First, while holding down "shift" go to the edit menu -> Preferences. Now choose the heading "secret" and disable layer cache and set the purge frames to something like 15. You might be able to finish your render this way.

Alternatively, you could just render your sequence to a TIF sequence. And if it crashes, just go take a look at the last TIF rendered and start from there. Soon enough you will have the entire thing rendered, then just bring the TIF sequence into AE and render that to your final format.

Lastly, under the file menu, you could save & collect all your files, put the entire project on a thumb drive and find someone with a beefier system who could render out your final project.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Patrick KnockRe: Render trouble
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:40:37 pm

Thanks, I'll try that. Oh yeah, I don't know if this changes anything but the original error message was: error- unable to allocate space for a 20793x5400 image buffer. I don't know what that means, but it sounds like a huge something or other. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved